cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX with CME as SRST

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All. Is it possible to to use UCCX while in CME as SRST fallback or SRST only? I am not sure if the CTI integration is supported during this mode. My current setup is CUCMBE with UCCX and two 2911 routers with CME as my gateways and fallback. If this is not supported I assume I will need to create hunt groups to build a "poor man" acd in CME as SRST mode.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No on two counts:

1. When you install CCX you must choose either CME or CUCM. It cannot change back and forth so unless you wanted to have a second CCX server for only SRST purposes this isn't going to happen.
  2. The CME integraion is EoL and no longer supported starting in CCX 9.0. It seems unwise to design something that is already dead.

You can use a hunt group though it will require you to configure the ephones and ephone-dns. Short of that you could provide WAN redundancy to avoid SRST in the first place.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No on two counts:

1. When you install CCX you must choose either CME or CUCM. It cannot change back and forth so unless you wanted to have a second CCX server for only SRST purposes this isn't going to happen.
  2. The CME integraion is EoL and no longer supported starting in CCX 9.0. It seems unwise to design something that is already dead.

You can use a hunt group though it will require you to configure the ephones and ephone-dns. Short of that you could provide WAN redundancy to avoid SRST in the first place.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the info Jonathan! The issue is that my call manager server went down to a drive failure and this forced me to srst. Right now I just have translations with no queuing when in cme srst mode. The only thing that I use UCCX for is basic ACD support. I am running UCCX version 8.5 which I read that CME is supported but thanks for the information on clarifying this. I guess my next step is to move off of CUCMBE or play around with the B-ACD functionality in CME-SRST mode. This may accomplish what I need.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just to clarify when I said move off of CUCMBE I meant go to a redundant CUCM cluster for failover.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App