cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX8 delete document

peter pang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I would like to delete some files in Document Management through scripts. I have tried file.delete() and it returns true. But I still can find the files thorugh the admin page.

Any suggestion? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There isn't a way to delete a document from the repository - you are probably deleting the local 'disk' copy of the file from the live server, but not the actual source file in the db.

Typically repository documents contain settings etc, so you just overwrite them with new versions from time to time.

What documents do you need to delete?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There isn't a way to delete a document from the repository - you are probably deleting the local 'disk' copy of the file from the live server, but not the actual source file in the db.

Typically repository documents contain settings etc, so you just overwrite them with new versions from time to time.

What documents do you need to delete?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It is some log files. So, the number of files should be increased very fast. I just want to keep around 100 files. Overwrite the files can only release the memory but the file names still exist in the admin web page.  Is there any other method?