Views
Helpful
Replies

Update UCCX Doc via HTML

Robert Cearfoss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am working on a project and I am wondering if any one has any suggestions on implementing an On-Call rotation solution. I have setup a webpage where a user selects their name from a list and clicks submit. This will then create a file containing that users phone number and stores it locally on the web server. What I am having a problem with is getting a UCCX script put together that will reach out to the web server and grab this document (it can be a txt or xml file) and then changes a variable in UCCX to whatever is in the document. Is what we are trying to do possible?

UCCX is version 11.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These is a simple way to do this.

Make sure this file you create is a simple .txt file that just contains the number. It also needs to reside on a web server.

In the UCCX script, use the SET step to change a string variable to this value in the .txt file. For example:

On-call Variable: OnCall
Text file: oncall.txt

set OnCall = URL[http://webserver/oncall.txt] 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is possible using HTTP triggers, you will need CCX premium license for that.

We have a premium CCX license. 

I've been playing around with HTTP triggers. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get my UCCX script to read the .txt document to set the appropriate number. 

These is a simple way to do this.

Make sure this file you create is a simple .txt file that just contains the number. It also needs to reside on a web server.

In the UCCX script, use the SET step to change a string variable to this value in the .txt file. For example:

On-call Variable: OnCall
Text file: oncall.txt

set OnCall = URL[http://webserver/oncall.txt] 

Thanks Chuck. I finally got it working. Used Create URL document, pointed it to the text file generated by the web server and then I used cache document to cache it. I then used set oncall to equal the cached document.