Views
Helpful
Replies

Update XML file on UCCX for oncall purpose

niterid3r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I understand, I am not the only one who have had this problem as there are so many posts on the forums related to this issue but unfortunately I have not been able to pin point what I am missing here. 

basically I am trying to build a script in UCCX where call will verify with the PIN followed by updating the mobile number of the engineer on call. 

Attached is the snapshot of the script in which the script does everything correct and updates all the variables except updating the XML file. 

Can someone point on what i am missing here or is there a better way of doing this. I have also tried this by doing with the text file but the behaviour is exactly the same it does not update the text file at all.

Thanks.

Sunjay

1 Reply 1

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Sunjay,

I have an ICM/UCCE/IP IVR 9.0 environment. I don't know if this will work the same in a UCCX environment but it may.

I've done something similar for an afterhours on-call program. I have an admin script where 4 on-call technicians change the order of who's on-call. Their phone numbers are hard-coded into a separate XML document; they don't have the option to change the phone numbers at this time. Once the order has been set, I use a String variable to build the XML file contents that contains the order technicians should be called. Then, I do an upload Document step to upload the new XML file. I have to typecast the String variable to a Document before uploading the document:

In my case, the phone numbers are stored in an array and the Java code iterates the array and builds the XML String based on the order set by the admin script. This script only uploads the XML document to 1 of my 2 IPIVR servers instead of both servers. It shouldn't be too hard to get the file copied to the other server if I had a need to do that.

In your case, you should be able to insert the collected number into the String variable and use the Upload Document step to upload the file to the server. The authenticatedUser variable is an administrator user that can write the file.I hardcoded the administrator credentials in variables.

I'm sure there is probably a more efficient way of doing this but that is the way I did it and it works for me.

I hope you find this useful.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: