Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CAD from 7.2 to 8.0

Hello,

I have a customer whom i was upgrading his contact center from 7.5 to 8.0 , he has a seperated PG's from the loggers so there is no SQL server installed on the PG's , the CAD server 7.2 resides on the PG's , the upgrade to version 8.0 for the whole UCCE was successful , even the CAD but i got a strange behaviour on the CAD.

we configured ICM variables to be shown on the CAD desktop and there is a HTTP request on the agent browser , when i upgraded the CAD , i can see the variables but they are empty , i even tried to make the ICM variable 1 static value but it didn't appear , i tried using the CTIOS client , i can see the variables but not on the CAD and for the info , the CAD is fully functioning and even the synchronization is successful and i have access to the DB on the AW.

Any idea on what is happening , i beilive it is a SQL problem that i have to install SQL 2005 engine on the CAD server ???

Thanks

Amer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dehebert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Amer,

There is a known defect in CAD 8.0 for this:

CSCti47126    Call and ECC Variables not displayed in agent desktop

This will be resolved in CAD 8.0(2).

Thank you,
Denis

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dehebert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Amer,

There is a known defect in CAD 8.0 for this:

CSCti47126    Call and ECC Variables not displayed in agent desktop

This will be resolved in CAD 8.0(2).

Thank you,
Denis

Hello Denis,

I knew it was a bug a couple of days ago , PDI told me but he also told me that there is a FIX for it because 8.0(2) is not published yet , did you try it or you just knew it was a BUG .

Your answer is already ratted

Amer

Hello Amer,

I have seen it a few times so I knew it was a bug. I am trying to confirm if there is a patch for this before 8.0(2) is out. If there is I will let you know.

Thanks,

Denis

Hello Denis,

Attached is the update fix, i also got the below from a friend who works in CISCO TAC , he found it on a case for this problem.

My problem is that i have to perform it fast and i don't have time to install it on our lab , i asked maybe you did it before , all the way , here is what i got :

This patch  still in Release-Pending  status, it’s not published yet in CCO. But there is a work around for this bug  using the attached patch. You just need to run this setup and reboot the PC  afterwards, if the variables becomes in reverse order then do the following:

1.        Stop CAD Services on Side B

2.        Stop ICM Services on Side A

3.        Uninstall CAD patch on Side A and reboot

4.        Modify the LDAP on Side A (Delete all the ICM Variables 1-10 under OU=Enterprise  Data)

5.        Install CAD patch on Side A and reboot

6.        Made test calls and found ICM Variables are shown on the CAD

7.        Stop CAD Services on Side A

8.        Uninstall patch on Side B and reboot

9.        Modify LDAP on Side B (Delete all ICM Variables 1-10)

10.       Install CAD patch on Side B and reboot

11.       Made test calls and found ICM Variables are shown on the CAD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: