Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade contact center express 7.0.1 SR5 to 8.0.2

Folks,

Has any of you did an upgrade on CCX 7.0.1 SR5 to 8.0.2? Since they run on different O.S windows --> linux respectively. Would you know/have any guides on that?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers!

Thiago

5 Replies 5

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thiago,

It's actually pretty straightforward.  There is an upgrade tool (called PUT), that you download off of CCO that does the data and licensing extraction from the existing system.  It's a lot like the migration assistant for the old CCM 4.X systems.

This will generate a TAR file that it pushes off to an SFTP server.  Once you have the new system built, you'll log in for the first time USING THE APPLICATION ADMIN USER YOU PUT IN DURING THE BUILD...not Administrator/ciscocisco... and the first question it asks is whether or not it's an upgrade.  If it's an upgrade, it will ask for the SFTP info for the TAR file (NOTE:  When it asks for the path, make SURE you include the TAR file name as it wants the FULL sftp path.  If you forget this, it will fail.  This isn't well documented and quite frustrating to deal with).

Then it will ask you for the license file for the upgrade license.  After that, it will put everything into the database and crank on up.  You need to have CUCM up already before you do this so that it can talk to the AXL provider, etc.

Couple of notes about Windows to Linux upgrades:

1.  File names are case sensitive in Linux.  If your scripts call for a prompt named PromptName.wav, but the actual file is promptname.wav, it will fail.

2.  If you use file paths, they will be different under linux.  Linux doesn't recognize a C: drive.  Also the slashes are / and not \ in file paths.

3.  You have no real access to the file system.  You can't record a prompt and then just go in via the temp directory and grab it like you could under Windows.  You'll have to create or modify your prompt recording scripts to address this.

Licensing on v8 is tied to the MAC on the server.  If you put it on VMWare, it's tied to the license MAC of the system.  License MAC will change if you change any of the values that are used to build it (IP address, gateway, NTP server address, DNS server #1, DNS name, values in the Cypto Cert, etc.).  It's a long list.  Bottom line, if this applies to you, plan accordingly.

HTH

Cliff

Clifford,

Many thanks for your post. We are just waiting for the media to come. Once we get it, the upgrade process will start.

regards,

Thiago

Apologies for digging up an old post, but just wanted to thank Cliff for this! I'll be going through the 7.0.1 SR5 to 8.x in a week or so and found this very useful...I'll be trawling through our scripts to see if any Widnows file paths have been used!

Jeff

Make sure you're on the latest SR as well.  There were some bugs in CAD in the early versions that made it quite slow.  I saw load times of 2.5 minutes.

Folks,

Many thanks, however I've finished this upgrade back on March! Now, next step will be HA.

Regards,

Thiago Henriques