Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM ware migration for UCCE PG

Hi Guys,

I am using UCCE 7.5 and i have physical MCS servers for PG's. Can i move the PG's to VM ware and does Cisco support VM ware?.

If no,IS there any documentation mention about cisco not support VM ware?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dhinesh

JenifarDhinesh Bakkiaraj
4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Sure

"Starting with Unified ICM/Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted 7.5(3), servers can be consolidated by deploying a virtualization solution for Client Administrator Workstations (AWs) and certain Peripheral Gateways (PGs) on the VMware platform."

UCCE 7.5 BOM Rev 1.32 p76

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, Can i move Call Manager PG to VM and is it recommended by Cisco.

JenifarDhinesh Bakkiaraj

Dinesh,

In the same document that Geoff pointed it says the CM PG is supported so is there any specific concern you have ?

"

Unified ICM and Unified Contact Center 7.5(3) (as well as upcoming 7.5(3) MRs and future major/minor releases) support the following Peripheral Gateway types on the VMware platform provided that these PGs only require TCP/IP connections to peripherals, and that they do not require special I/O for connecting to the peripherals.

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) PG

• Cisco Unified CCE Generic PG

• Cisco Unified CCE System PG

"

You should also read the virtualization guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_5/user/guide/VirtualizationGde753.pdf

section

Configuration Considerations for the Agent PGs to check if it meets your requirement before you plan to move VM.

Shirish

Hi Dinesh,

Yes you can move the CM(call manager) PG and CTI SRV as well CTI OS to VM there is no issues.. for this implementaion please go through the Cisco BOM and virtualization guide. There you can get a clear idea.

For an Example:

If you going to implement 1CUCM PG with 1 PIM then recommanded hardware is as follow is  1VM processor and 2 GB RAM. If you need more details please go through the BOM and virtualization guide

Note:

You connot implement duplex PG that is side a and side b in same VM. you should use two different VM's so that only it will work that is cisco recommended.

Thanks

Kathireshkumar S T