cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web callback with UCCX

6rlopez_2
Level 1
Level 1

What is needed to offer web callbacks with UCCX? Premium Edition? Outbound?....

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Place Call step is not a feature of the Outbound subsystem.

And yes, that would be the correct step to use for calling the customer back from the script.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do you envision this to work?  The licensing model will depend on your expectations of the implementation.

Anthony Holloway

I want to have a link in the web to offer the customer the possibility to have a callback (scheduled or maybe at that moment). The customer will introduce his phone number and UCCX will call to the customer.

It is not required a web chat

I tossed around an idea to try meet this kind of requirement a little while ago. You would need premium licensing because I was contemplating using http triggers and DB lookups to achieve what you are asking by doing the following:

• Using the client website to have the customer lodge the callback request which writes the details to a database and then hits a http trigger on UCCX to kickoff a script which would do a DB lookup to grab the relevant details from the database like the callback number and name or reason
  • Script runs would be similar to the callback in queue script from the Cisco script repository so the IVR would place a call into the queue
  • Once the call reaches an agent, play a message to an agent that there was a callback request and when the agent is ready to call they press 1 and the IVR redirects them to the customer who requested the callback

I didn't do any testing on this, this was all theoretical but I think it would be doable.

Cheers,

Nathan

What you are looking for is an inbound contact workflow, and not an outbound one.  The outbound subsystem/campaigns are too limited to dynamically build outbound contact lists, and dynamically run on demand.

Technically, there are only two ways to trigger a script externally from an inbound perspective:

• A phone call to the JTAPI trigger (CTI Route Point)
  • An HTTP GET or POST to the HTTP trigger (A URL)

With that said, only the HTTP trigger requires premium, the phonecall option works on all licensing models.

And with that said, placing a phone call into UCCX from anything other than a phone is very challenging.  Your talking CTI toolkit programming stuff right there.  I wouldn't touch it if I didn't have to. It could be costly.  For illustrative purposes, let's just say it would cost X.

The HTTP triggered application is easier to deploy, but requires premium.  And if you upgrade your licensing to premium, you pay for the ports (2 ports for every 1 agent you buy).  As an example, say you have 50 Agents today, and you're using 300 ports on your server.  Recall that you don't pay for standard or enhanced ports.  You would need to purchase 50 enhance to premium upgrade licenses and 100 full premium licenses in order to keep your port count the same.  That could be cost Y.  But don't forget that you woulnd't just count the HTTP trigger benefit in the cost, you also get the email subsystem, databse subsystem, custom java capabilities (if from STD to PRE), etc.

If cost X is less than cost Y, then you might take the challenge of placing a JTAPI phone call to your trigger programmatically from the web server.

If cost Y is less then cost X, then you might upgrade to premium and go the HTTP trigger route.

If cost is not an issue, then I would suggest the premium upgrade route.  It's easier, and you enhance your system more than just the HTTP trigger thing.

I really do hope that helps you understand your options.  How you would go about building all of this is a different subject.  I would first start with understanding HTTP triggers, then managing Contacts within a script, and finally the ACD subsystem.  With just those three things you could implement what you are looking for.  I should also mention that you do not need the UCCX platform to handle the UI on the web page.  Instead, have your web developers perform something called an AJAX call to your http trigger, where you simply return a pass or fail, so they can tell the user if it worked or not.

Good luck and happy researching.

Anthony Holloway

Very useful your answers. I would use Premium with http triggers,  but I have yet some questions becuase I have to place an outbound call to the customer (I think there is an step called "Place call" for this). Is it not needed Outbound for sure?

Thanks

The Place Call step is not a feature of the Outbound subsystem.

And yes, that would be the correct step to use for calling the customer back from the script.

Anthony Holloway