Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome message not clear

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have UCCX 8.5 and I wanted to add a welcome message, and I chose a wav file but when I called the number the sound not clear and has too much attenuation with sound, what is the problem here?

thanks to all

Mohammad Saeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The .wav file needs to be defined as:

• Format: CCIT U-Law
  • Sample Size: 8-bit
  • Sample Rate: 8kHz

One of many great blogs out there:

http://www.netcraftsmen.com/uc-toolkit-using-audacity-to-create-and-edit-cisco-uccx-prompts/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you try different .wav file for comparison?

What codec is your CCX deployed with? When you are calling into the system is the region between the phone and CTI ports defined for that codec or is transcoder being engaged?

Are the uplink ports on the switch configured appropriately for QoS, i.e. not policing the traffic to limited bandwidth?

Yes I tries different .was file last one was with less attenuation! there is no limit bandwidth in the network and I can hear the AA welcome message clearly (the default message) but when I want to add a nother .wav files the sound not clear and has a lot of attenuation.

G711 A-Law this codec get it from SIP line from ISP side.

Thanks

and G711 in UCCX!

Can you attach the wav file here, sounds like it is not defined with proper settings.

The .wav file needs to be defined as:

• Format: CCIT U-Law
  • Sample Size: 8-bit
  • Sample Rate: 8kHz

One of many great blogs out there:

http://www.netcraftsmen.com/uc-toolkit-using-audacity-to-create-and-edit-cisco-uccx-prompts/

Thanks, it's look a great blog! any way I change the codec to G729 and I am rebooting the server to see the result! 

change to G729 not working, but when I followed what in the blog it works fine! 

Many thanks,

Mohammad

Great, please mark the thread as answered if this solved your issue.