cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the major difference between Cisco Unified IP IVR and Cisco Unified CVP

Sumit Bhargava
Level 1
Level 1

Difference between Cisco Unified IP Interactive Voice Response (Unified IP IVR) or Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (Unified CVP )

Regards

Sumit

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

those are completely different products, serving the same purpose.

IP IVR is the UCCX Premium platform sans agents plus ICM integration. Calls are terminated on CTI ports, so the media actually reaches the LAN while the customer is still at IVR/queue - this might be a bandwidth concern. It's recommended for small to medium UCCE installations with one or a few sites. High availability can be set up relatively easily. Installation is relatively easy too and usually requires less planning.

CVP is basically a Voice XML server, the gateway facing PSTN being the client, so that the media is actually terminated there, it does not have to travel over the LAN. It's a powerful and modern platform and is recommended for large contact centers with many sites. High availabilty might be a bit problematic. Installation is more difficult compared to IP IVR.

Price is a difference, too as far as I know, IP IVR tends to be cheaper than CVP but you can argue with that.

If you come from the Avaya world, I would say the difference is similar to Avaya IR and Avaya Voice Portal.

This is just what came off the top of my mind, of course there are a lot more to say if you go into details.

G.

Hi Gergely S,

Short and sweet information. (+5)

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: