cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does rf get removed with CVP-sip transfer

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I'm looking to use refer transfer. At the moment we route calls from CUCM to CVP, we have a label in a script which is an internal CUCM hunt pilot. The installers set up a default dnp in CVP which includes 60 sec RONA timer - I'm looking to change this at a later date. In the mean time I'm having to use the requrey set up with a line connectors looping back to label which provides us with option to loop the call every 60secs around the label however I understand if I add rf before my DN then it results in CVP doing a blind transfer - is this correct?

Does the rf automatically get removed from any DN so as long as the DN after rf is valid the CUCM or a dial-peer for GW's will route it?

Eg rf1234, rf012125557777

Where does the rf get removed - by CVP?

If you have sig digits set up again how does it work 

Eg label "1234"

Sig fights 98765

Dnp in CVP - default 98765> timer 60sec

So normally label will send  1234 then the sig digits will add 98765

Which then matches in CVP 98765> so the call will route as a combined number 987651234

Cucm will delete 9876 to leave 1234

Now if we add rf1234, does CVP remove the "rf"?

Does the Sig digits still added 987651234 and match the Dnp as before 98765>but now ignores the 60 sec timer?

Where does the rf get removed ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, the RF is ignored in any digit matching, it's there only to let the SIP engine initiate the call as SIP REFER instead of INVITE.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should remove it via a translation pattern (CUCM) or translation rule (GW) on the ingress side of when the call is referred back to the device. I.e. match the expected sigDigits wildcard and simply remove.

Hi Chris 

Thanks for the reply, Are saying that I need to create a translation in cucm beginning with "rf"? but cucm doesn't accept rf or are saying create a translation to strip the  sig digits and cucm or the gw ignored so to speak to  rf words?

Thanks 

No, apologies for not being clear.  The RF does not get prefixed to anything, so there is nothing to worry about for it, just sigDigits get prefixed if you are using them in your CVP deployment.

Thanks, thought so 

One more 

If the sig digits in dnp already has a rona timer set,will the addition of rf in the label result in the  timer being ignored or will I need to create a new specific sig digit without a timer for rf labels? What is recommended,best practices?

Thanks 

No, the RF is ignored in any digit matching, it's there only to let the SIP engine initiate the call as SIP REFER instead of INVITE.

Chris Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone sees this in the future, it is important to understand what a Label node in this scenario does  - it depends on the routing client. If the call originates from an ingress gateway and we set a label with rfxxxxxx, this will be returned to the ingress gateway as a refer and the ingress gateway should have routing set up to handle this (important to note as CVP Call Server logs can be misleading on how this works).

If the call originated from CUCM, or in other words, the CUCM peripheral is the routing client, this rfxxxxx label will be return to that, again as a refer (therefore your Trunk/CSS/Partitions should be set up correctly to handle this).