cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for help to understand this error on config.txt upload

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I am starting to test and put APIC-EM PNP to the test and I am getting this error when trying to load a config file to the server to use with a pop job.  The switch is getting the config but I am getting and job error with some strange characters as the reason for the failure.

Here is the upload error:

WARNING : The uploaded configuration STG-BR-S-01.txt contains hidden/non printable ascii/control characters in line 1.

Do you want to continue?

Here is the error on the project after the deploy:

2016-10-30 21:01:53 (Pacific Standard Time)Received response from pnp agent for message correlatorId: CiscoPnP-1.0-16-308-3D74502C-16 but with error code : ZTD_CMD_ERROR Response String: ERROR:PnP Service Error 1402:Invalid input detected

service log:

Loading https://pnpserver.bcferries.corp:443/api/v1/file/onetimedownload/5ab308d5-3fa7-4e9d-9a00-10674bf01fe2 !

o;?no service config

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

% % Duplicate permit statement ignored.

The configuration files has been taken on PI from the a standard template we use to prep switches.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

After creating new configuration files from scratch, no copy pasting etc from log outputs I have cleared this error.

JP

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

was this file created on a windows machine to begin with?

I wonder if it is a CR/LF issue?

Yes the file was created on Windows using notepad++, it is a very simple configuration file with base stuff like AAA and host names etc.  I will try using different tools and let you know how I get along.

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

After creating new configuration files from scratch, no copy pasting etc from log outputs I have cleared this error.

JP

Thanks JP,

in 1.3 we are now checking for "special characters" in config files as they were causing issues when downloaded to devices.

Windows is notorious for "\r\n" vs "\n" in unix.

I am willing to bet the error you got was the end of the first line... where there was a "\r".

Adam