Adding updating parameter to add-VhbaTemplate and add-VnicTemplate

Views
Helpful
Comments
Advisor

Subject: RE: Adding updating parameter to add-VhbaTemplate and add-VnicTemplate
Replied by: John McDonough on 06-10-2011 01:31:03 PM
Hi There;

It doesn't appear that the applets have implemented the Type parameter for updating (vs static) for add-vhbaTemplate and add-vnicTemplate? I do see this parameter implemented for Add-SPTemplate.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions (and syntax) for an alternate method of setting this parameter ie through Invoke-XMLCommand perhaps?

Thanks;
sash

Hi Sash,

You are not missing anything, the vnic and vhba template types are not settable with the template cmdlets.  Hope to work around that is covered in this thread http://developer.cisco.com/web/unifiedcomputing/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4452902

It would involve, as you guessed, Invoke-XxmlCommand

Regards
John
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sasha Lebovic on 06-10-2011 12:33:39 PM
Hi There;

It doesn't appear that the applets have implemented the Type parameter for updating (vs static) for add-vhbaTemplate and add-vnicTemplate? I do see this parameter implemented for Add-SPTemplate.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions (and syntax) for an alternate method of setting this parameter ie through Invoke-XMLCommand perhaps?

Thanks;
sash

Replied by: Sasha Lebovic on 06-10-2011 08:10:33 PM
Thanks very much John! Using your example from the other post I was able to update this with the Invoke-XxmlCommand perfectly.

In my case I was  changing the templType for a VhbaTemplate and used the following string. This is for an environment in which I am working in a SubOrg named TEST.

Invoke-XmlCommand -XMLStringList "<configConfMo cookie='1317944386/8fd00780-dcc0-4375-8fb6-ce31f32c7315'><inConfig><vnicSanConnTempl dn='org-root/org-TEST/san-conn-templ-TEST_vHBA_FABA' templType='updating-template' status='modified'/></inConfig></configConfMo>"

You help is much appreciated!

sash

Replied by: Jonathan Kohler on 30-11-2011 10:32:22 PM
As a follow up to this, the latest power shell toolkit, you can make vNIC and vHBA templates updating right from the Add- cmdlet:

Add-UcsVhbaTemplate -Name "vHBA-A1" -IdentPoolName $wwpnPoolName -MaxDataFieldSize 2048 -SwitchId A -TemplType updating-template -Org org-root

Add-UcsVnicTemplate -Name "vNIC-A1" -IdentPoolName $macPool -NwCtrlPolicyName $netConPol -SwitchId A -TemplType updating-template -Org org-root
CreatePlease to create content
This widget could not be displayed.