cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default power supply mode in nexus 9500?

kumarH
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone suggest what is the default power supply mode out of below three options in nexus 9500 and other platforms?

1. Combined

2. N+1

3. N+N

5 Replies 5

It doesnt have information I need.

The information URL all have the information, depends on deployment - default will be combined mode.

if you do not have N+1 how do you expect device to be redundandent and not configured as expected.

Use the power redundancy-mode {combined | insrc_redundant | ps-redundantcommand to specify one of these power modes.

Table 1. Power Redundancy Modes

Redundancy Mode

Description

Combined (nonredundant)

This mode does not provide power redundancy. The available power is the total power capacity of all power supplies.

insrc-redundant (grid redundancy)

This mode provides grid redundancy when you connect half of the power supplies to one grid and the other half of the power supplies to the second grid. The available power is the amount of power available through a grid.

To enable grid redundancy, you must connect the power supplies to the correct power grid slots. For example, on the Cisco Nexus 9508 switch, slots 1, 2, 3, and 4 are in grid A, and slots 5, 6, 7, and 8 are in grid B. To configure and operate in grid redundancy mode, you must connect half of your power supplies to the slots in grid A and the rest of your power supplies to the slots in grid B. For more information on power grid slot assignments for your power supplies, see the Hardware Installation Guide for your specific Cisco Nexus 9000 Series platform.

ps-redundant (N+1 redundancy)

This mode provides an extra power supply if an active power supply goes down. One power supply of all the available power supplies is considered an extra power supply, and the total available power is the amount provided by the active power supply units.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you very much for your reply.

The information URL all have the information, depends on deployment - default will be combined mode. >-- is it your understanding or you find this information in the link? I cant find it. can you please share the screen shot?

if you do not have N+1 how do you expect device to be redundandent and not configured as expected. -< We can also have insrc_redundant in case of more than two PS. How you concluded that redundant mode is default in case of redundant power supply?

The information URL all have the information, depends on deployment - default will be combined mode. >-- is it your understanding or you find this information in the link? I cant find it. can you please share the screen shot?

As i have mentioned over the past post and the document clearly explain, how the modes going to be and depends how you configured.  have you looked at to configured, this my configuration experience.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/hw/n9508_hig/guide/b_n9508_nxos-mode_hardware_install_guide/b_n9508_hardware_install_guide_chapter_01001.html

if you do not have N+1 how do you expect device to be redundandent and not configured as expected. -< We can also have insrc_redundant in case of more than two PS. How you concluded that redundant mode is default in case of redundant power supply?

if you looking to redundacny you need to configure to have more power to support the ports.

hopefully the information finds usefull and give you some clarity.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help