cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help required for Datacenter planning and implementation - Single Legged Architecture

ashwin_kuhikar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have few queries regarding the planning phase for migration of 5 application/servers from XYZ datacenter to new datacenter which is presented in the diagram. The diagram provided contain the devices which will be used in the DC. We have 3 firewalls, one external/internet firewall (on right side), 2nd VPN gateway (on right above internet firewall) for establishing VPN connectivity to offshore team and 3rd internal firewall (on left). 

MPLS connectivity:

We have a MPLS connection on ISR MPLS router which will connect the XYZ DC to my new DC.

Internet connectivity:

We have 200 Mbps link for internet and VPN connectivity for my new DC.

Nexus is the core device which will be used as a gate way to connect all servers.

Queries:

1. What will be my configuration on nexus for servers, should it be vrf or vlan?

2. what protocol do i use to route my traffic to XYZ DC ? should it be dynamic or static routing?

3. Need help in VPN and internet connectivity .

Ashwin

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. What will be my configuration on nexus for servers, should it be vrf or vlan?

This is trusted servers, Then VLAN good enough to start with.

2. what protocol do i use to route my traffic to XYZ DC ? should it be dynamic or static routing?

If you do not have dynamic routing place, you can start with Static routing

3. Need help in VPN and internet connectivity .

explain more ? for these servers to reach via internet ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Need VPN for offshore connectivity from the Datacenter. This VPN will be established via the same internet link. The another use of internet would be to provide internet connectivity to servers.

Also can i have a VM in LAN segment where i can have internet connectivity and LAN connectivity on the same device ?

As per security concerns and best practice, do no mix Internet and LAN in same VM, (it is possible) but not recommended in the security context.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help