Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Nexus 1000v and VSG

tayebmesbah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Looking for migration document of Nexus 1000v to either Nexus 1000KVE or to ACI  [what recommended one].

Also, we want to move away of VSG that create us lot of pain ...

Please help

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thanks a lot for your help MJ. I need to get some clarification:

1) Is the best N1KV migration to go to N1KVE. How about going directly to from N1KV to ACI-ACE or VDS, is it difficult ? is there any document on this kind of migration.

2) If we do migration from N1KV to N1KVE, is there any impact on VSG ?

3) How to migrate VSG policy to ACI ? if there any tools, scripts, documents ,.... How to proceed "port profile, VM, ...."

Thanks a lot

Hi @tayebmesbah,

Sorry i was OOO. Please find the below answer: 

1) Is the best N1KV migration to go to N1KVE. How about going directly to from N1KV to ACI-ACE or VDS, is it difficult ? is there any document on this kind of migration.

I feel that's a best way if you don't want to redeploy all port-profiles with new VDS in case of ACI. I've already shared the N1KV migration to N1VKE. As stated before, there is no direct way to migrate from N1KV to ACI. 

2) If we do migration from N1KV to N1KVE, is there any impact on VSG ?

Migration covers your VSG as well. Please have a time to look at the migration doc which i shared. 

3) How to migrate VSG policy to ACI ? if there any tools, scripts, documents ,.... How to proceed "port profile, VM, ...."

I'm not aware of any such tool or scripts as everything will be pushed from ACI the way VSG does. Both platform are totally different. 

Please rate if you find it helpful. 

Regards,

MJ