Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Fabric Manager and Cisco VTS

paulo_souza
Level 4
Level 4

Dear coleagues,

I have a customer that uses N1K, N2K, N5K and N7K in a traditional architecture inside his datacenter. Today, they are implementing a VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabric using N5K6 and N7K, and I need to recommend an SDN solution integrated with CA Process Automation, but I have some doubts:

Will Nexus Fabric Manager replace Cisco VTS to manage the VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabric? Now Cisco NFM supports only N9K. When will it be supporting N2K, N5K and N7K switches?

Can I manage the legacy network (STP, VPC L2 and L3 protocols) using some of these tools? or  would I have to use something else like APIC-EM?

Does anybody have already integrated some Cisco SDN controller with CA Processo Automation? both supports REST API.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DominikPecak
Level 6
Level 6

Nexus Fabric Manager currently is positioning as you wrote for Nexus 9000 in NX-OS mode.

VXLAN fabric management (Fabric Path and VLAN fabrics also) for Nexus 5000/6000/7000 (Nexus 9000 also) is supported by newest Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) version 10.0(1). FCS was 10.05.2016.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DominikPecak
Level 6
Level 6

Nexus Fabric Manager currently is positioning as you wrote for Nexus 9000 in NX-OS mode.

VXLAN fabric management (Fabric Path and VLAN fabrics also) for Nexus 5000/6000/7000 (Nexus 9000 also) is supported by newest Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) version 10.0(1). FCS was 10.05.2016.