Views
Helpful
Replies

[Nexus NX-OS] MTU + FCoE

andre.godoy
Beginner
Beginner

Hello Experts,

Do you guys have any experience or had a chance to apply Jumbo MTU commands with FCoE in production?

I wonder if this can have any impact. Today this switches is just L2 and FCoE is running , but with MTU default.

policy-map type network-qos jumbo-plus-FCOE
class type network-qos class-fcoe
pause no-drop
mtu 2158
class type network-qos class-default
mtu 9216
system qos
service-policy type qos input fcoe-default-in-policy
service-policy type queuing input fcoe-default-in-policy
service-policy type queuing output fcoe-default-out-policy
service-policy type network-qos jumbo-plus-FCOE

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon R
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Official answer: do this in a maintenance window as it could cause data plane disruption.

With that said, one of my customer's moved to an MTU of 9216 (from 1500) for 'class type network-qos class-default' and there wasn't any impact to the production network. Still, this was done in a maintenance window.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon R
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Official answer: do this in a maintenance window as it could cause data plane disruption.

With that said, one of my customer's moved to an MTU of 9216 (from 1500) for 'class type network-qos class-default' and there wasn't any impact to the production network. Still, this was done in a maintenance window.

Great , thank you @Brandon R . I did the change last week and wasn't any impact to the network.

Great! Thanks for following up.

Sorry I missed your previous post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers