Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX 5K in vpc

Hi Gents,

I need a quick help here...I have an issue with a pair of 5k in vpc. We had a power outage in our colo  DC; therefore, half of the network was down for a while, including one of the controller for the NAS. When power  back up everything started to work as usual, well except the file server located on a EMC VNX 5500.

The primary N5K switch can ping the file server and the IP and MAC of the file server is present in the arp table. However, the second N5K shows MAC incomplete in the ARP table; therefore, device connected to that switch can't communicate with the file servers.

I have tried to add a static arp with no chance! Perhaps you have experienced this issue or have suggestion in how to troubleshoot it...

thanks,

2 Replies 2

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
Try configuring 'ip arp synchronize' under the vPC domain of both switches and test
https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/techdoc/dc/reference/cli/nxos/commands/vpc/ip-arp-synchronize.html

ADP_89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is the file server connected via a VPC Port-Channel or is it on an orphan port? If you still have the issue provide more detail on the topology(vlans/subnets/gateways) so we can better help you.

Thanks,

ADP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card