Views
Helpful
Replies

VEM install on vSphere 5

nvermande
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can I install the las VEM version part of the nx1kv 1.4a on vSphere 5? All the vibs are for 4.x plateform.

I tried all of them, with no success.

Thank you for your help

7 Replies 7

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We won't have VIBs for ESXi 5 until it actually ships. If you want to play with it early contact your account team and see if he can get you on the beta.

louis

nvermande
Level 1
Level 1

vSphere 5 is no more under NDA and I really need to implement this for one of my customers. I'm on the beta program of vSphere 5 and I don't see why i should be on the Cisco beta program as vSphere 5 doesn't have any NDA right now.

Please update the VIBs, there is no reason not to do so.

VMware & Cisco are two different companies.  Just because you're on the beta for VMware, doesn't entitle you to beta Cisco products such as 1000v VEM software for vSphere 5. 

As Louis stated, if you want the VEM bits you need to speak to your Cisco Account Manager about joining the "Cisco" beta.

Regards,

Robert

That's what i say, nexus 1.4a is not "beta" as it is already available since July.

So why not publish the vib for vSphere 5? Don't tell me vSphere 5 is on NDA, it's not true.

But still, I have no time to contact the account team and wait 2 weeks to get the vibs.

I'm a bit angry because Cisco just says 1.4a supports vSphere 5, but it's false for the moment and is just "marketing" arguments.

I'll report this as usual, with no effect.

Nicolas, VCDX#55

Nicolas,

No one has mentioned anything about NDA.  There are two mutually exlusive components to the 1000v.  The VSM and VEM pieces. The 1.4a VSM will support vSphere 5 - correct.  However, the VEM bundle for vSphere 5 hosts, is STILL in beta undergoing QA and not available outside of Cisco 1000v beta customers who are performing testing only.  Beta and NDA are two different things.  Beta customer sign agreements adhering to a level of risk with the unfinalized software.  We would greatly caution installing any pre-release software in any production environment. 

As soon as our 1.4a VEM bundle is made publicly available for vSphere 5 I will update this thread the same day.

Regards,

Robert

Hi,

any news about compatibility with vsph5?

tnx

dan

We posted it in the Blog section instead of the discussions.

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/datacenter/nexus1000v/blog/2011/08/25/n1000v-14a-support-for-vmware-vsphere-50

Full support with 1.4a. If you downloaded 1.4a prior to the other night you will need to grab new VEM modules from either Cisco or VMware. VSM code in 1.4a is the same it's just a new VEM module that was added for vSphere 5 support.

louis