Views
Helpful
Replies

vpc configuration

multiplexer002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to create a vpc and I would like to ask if I need to configure vlans both on the port-channel interface and the physical interfaces too.

Thank you in advance.

John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

The question is a bit vague, but assuming that your question is if you need to configure vlans on both port-channel interface and port-channel members (the physical interfaces part of the port-channel), then the answer is no. 

And this rule applies on both regular and vPC port-channels. (Almost) Any configuration you are doing on port-channel it will be reflected on PO members.

If this is not what you were looking for, please provide more details and I will try to answer.

Regards,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

The question is a bit vague, but assuming that your question is if you need to configure vlans on both port-channel interface and port-channel members (the physical interfaces part of the port-channel), then the answer is no. 

And this rule applies on both regular and vPC port-channels. (Almost) Any configuration you are doing on port-channel it will be reflected on PO members.

If this is not what you were looking for, please provide more details and I will try to answer.

Regards,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

My apologies if I wasn't clear but nevertheless you have understood and answered my question appropriately.

Thank you so much.

Regards

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: