Views
Helpful
Replies

VXLAN issue

donald.heslop1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I'm trying to do a POC for a client of VXLAN and I notice that I'm unable to ping systems from one leaf on another leaf. The weird thing is when I wireshark it I can see the ARP request from the source machine and the reply from the destination machine. I also see the NLRI information for the l2vpn evpn AFI. I using EVE-NG  and nxos.9.3.2 for the POC demo and attached my configs to this request. This is basic VXLAN and I just want to make sure its EVE-NG and not my configurations.

When I configure VXLAN with DCNM works with no problem and its the same configurations so I don't know why it isn't working manually.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm checking your configs quickly through my smartphone and they look like ok.
Have you tried using ingress-replication protocol bgp instead of multicast group on your nve interface? I had in the last some issues with multicast features in my virtual lab.
I will take a deep dive look at the config tomorrow in case i missed something.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm checking your configs quickly through my smartphone and they look like ok.
Have you tried using ingress-replication protocol bgp instead of multicast group on your nve interface? I had in the last some issues with multicast features in my virtual lab.
I will take a deep dive look at the config tomorrow in case i missed something.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Francesco,

It was a Multicast issue. As soon as I changed it to ingress-replication vxlan started working lol. I spend 2 days messing with this only to have the issue be buggy software lmao. Oh well. 

Thanks for the help.

Glad i helped resolving your issue

Thanks
Francesco