Views
Helpful
Replies

Locate leaf port

shaunlouw1727
Level 1
Level 1

Good People
How would I check what port makes the connection on leaf1 for vlan 20?
See below
With thanks for any help....

2019-02-14 10h48m33 Connection query.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rsua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shaun,

If I understood your question correctly, you would like to know which ports on the leaf has been configured to allow encapsulation vlan 20.

This will actually be a two-step process.  First, you will need to convert the encapsulation vlan (vlan-20) into an internal vlan ID. 

Syntax:

=========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-{encap-vlan}

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id {internal-vlan} extended

Example:

========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-20
 25   MB:APP1:EPG1-4                   vlan-20          Eth1/1     <<< Internal vlan is 25

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id 25 extended                               <<< Use internal vlan (25 in this example)
 VLAN Name                             Encap            Ports                    
 ---- -------------------------------- ---------------- ------------------------
 25     Avik:APP1:EPG1              vlan-20         Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9,  
                                                                      Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1,   
                                                                      Po3, Po4, Po5

With the above, we can see that the encapsulation vlan-20 is programmed onto ports Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9, Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1, Po3, Po4, Po5.

** Note: The internal vlan is unique to a given leaf switch. This means that the internal vlan on leaf1 and leaf2 may be different for the same encapsulation vlan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rsua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shaun,

If I understood your question correctly, you would like to know which ports on the leaf has been configured to allow encapsulation vlan 20.

This will actually be a two-step process.  First, you will need to convert the encapsulation vlan (vlan-20) into an internal vlan ID. 

Syntax:

=========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-{encap-vlan}

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id {internal-vlan} extended

Example:

========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-20
 25   MB:APP1:EPG1-4                   vlan-20          Eth1/1     <<< Internal vlan is 25

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id 25 extended                               <<< Use internal vlan (25 in this example)
 VLAN Name                             Encap            Ports                    
 ---- -------------------------------- ---------------- ------------------------
 25     Avik:APP1:EPG1              vlan-20         Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9,  
                                                                      Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1,   
                                                                      Po3, Po4, Po5

With the above, we can see that the encapsulation vlan-20 is programmed onto ports Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9, Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1, Po3, Po4, Po5.

** Note: The internal vlan is unique to a given leaf switch. This means that the internal vlan on leaf1 and leaf2 may be different for the same encapsulation vlan.

rsua - perfect thank you!

How would I get to fab4leaf3 in your example?

From the APIC CLI I was expecting to see an attach command but I only see an attach-avs command

Should I SSH directly to the leaf?