Views
Helpful
Replies

Locate leaf port

shaunlouw1727
Level 1
Level 1

Good People
How would I check what port makes the connection on leaf1 for vlan 20?
See below
With thanks for any help....

2019-02-14 10h48m33 Connection query.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rsua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shaun,

If I understood your question correctly, you would like to know which ports on the leaf has been configured to allow encapsulation vlan 20.

This will actually be a two-step process.  First, you will need to convert the encapsulation vlan (vlan-20) into an internal vlan ID. 

Syntax:

=========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-{encap-vlan}

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id {internal-vlan} extended

Example:

========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-20
 25   MB:APP1:EPG1-4                   vlan-20          Eth1/1     <<< Internal vlan is 25

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id 25 extended                               <<< Use internal vlan (25 in this example)
 VLAN Name                             Encap            Ports                    
 ---- -------------------------------- ---------------- ------------------------
 25     Avik:APP1:EPG1              vlan-20         Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9,  
                                                                      Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1,   
                                                                      Po3, Po4, Po5

With the above, we can see that the encapsulation vlan-20 is programmed onto ports Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9, Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1, Po3, Po4, Po5.

** Note: The internal vlan is unique to a given leaf switch. This means that the internal vlan on leaf1 and leaf2 may be different for the same encapsulation vlan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rsua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shaun,

If I understood your question correctly, you would like to know which ports on the leaf has been configured to allow encapsulation vlan 20.

This will actually be a two-step process.  First, you will need to convert the encapsulation vlan (vlan-20) into an internal vlan ID. 

Syntax:

=========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-{encap-vlan}

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id {internal-vlan} extended

Example:

========================

fab4-leaf3# show vlan extended | grep vlan-20
 25   MB:APP1:EPG1-4                   vlan-20          Eth1/1     <<< Internal vlan is 25

fab4-leaf3# show vlan id 25 extended                               <<< Use internal vlan (25 in this example)
 VLAN Name                             Encap            Ports                    
 ---- -------------------------------- ---------------- ------------------------
 25     Avik:APP1:EPG1              vlan-20         Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9,  
                                                                      Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1,   
                                                                      Po3, Po4, Po5

With the above, we can see that the encapsulation vlan-20 is programmed onto ports Eth1/7, Eth1/8, Eth1/9, Eth1/10, Eth1/11, Po1, Po3, Po4, Po5.

** Note: The internal vlan is unique to a given leaf switch. This means that the internal vlan on leaf1 and leaf2 may be different for the same encapsulation vlan.

rsua - perfect thank you!

How would I get to fab4leaf3 in your example?

From the APIC CLI I was expecting to see an attach command but I only see an attach-avs command

Should I SSH directly to the leaf?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: