cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10-digit Call Forward not working

postscript
Level 1
Level 1

Our area recently added an overlapping area code which now requires 10-digits to dial within the area. I added the appropriate route patterns in the GUI and outbound dial works as intended. CALL FORWARD ALL on the other hand, still will not forward to 10-digit numbers, but will forward 7-digits and 11-digits just fine (for those that have those privileges).

From reading through the documentation, outbound dial, even if it's call forward all, should work with the same patterns. Is there something I'm missing?  We're still running 8.6 (specifically 8.6.2).  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is Good investigative work and the explanation makes it easier to understand.

The link you have pasted for urgent priority issue is not similar to our situation.

In that  case both patterns were matching till first 7 digits and  urgent priority was kicking in as soon as user dials 7th digit , resulting in matching 7 digits urgent priority pattern.

In our case the patterns are not explicit match - 95551212 and 9317 555 1212 therefore i am not too sure why urgent priority would come in here.

However if you have another pattern like 9.[2-9] XXXXX with urgent priority then it is possible then it might be matching as 9 317 555 1 would be  a match.

You can try the change however if still doesn't work attach the CCM trace.thanks

View solution in original post

Oh yes, i see it now.I probably overlooked the DNA.

9.[2-9]XXXXXX.

Thanks then removal of urgent priority  should resolve it then or may be you can make it more specfic pattern.thanks

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

check the CFA CSS has access to partition of 10 digit pattern.

HTH

JB

I've looked over the partitions and css and everything looks to be associated correctly with the patterns. Would I need to reset the partitions that were updated in order for it to work correctly? I didn't think anything of it since outbound dial was working fine.

EDIT: I should clarify that I've verified that the CFA CSS are essentially using the same partitions (there are slightly different rules/block patterns being enforced), but there's a single partition for local calls and all CSS that use that partition are associated with the new patterns.

No reset is required is the partition is in CFA CSS, you can check DNA result to see hwo call routing is happening.

JB

I'll check and update here tomorrow. If a reset is required, I will have to schedule it after hours tonight.

No reset are required for configuration like this to work. If DNA does not direct you to the correct issue, update the forum with below.

1. Exact call flow example IP Phone -- CUCM -- IP Phone - CFA -- H323 -- GW -- PRi PSTN
  2. Collect detail CUCm traces

JB

Using DNA, dialing a local 7-digit and dialing the new 10-digit, both route the same for all CSS that have the associated partition (and they show both using that same partition). I also tested against CSS that block long distance, but allow local, just to verify the partitions configured for blocking would show the same behavior. Every CSS that is supposed to allow 7-digit, also allows the 10-digit. I've attached the related XML output files.

Hi ,

i can see call is going out via MGCP PRI, can paste the debug isdn q931 for working and non working calls.thanks

Thanks Deepak. It's not an issue specific to the CFA CSS. It looks like an issue with the phones (check where the thread split above).

No problem my friend.

If you are forwarding calls out via the GW then it could be issue related to 10 digits calls not going out.

In DNA we can see CUCM is routing the calls and DB replication is good.

If I place a call from a phone, 10-digit dialing works fine.

If I CFD, the phone will not let me dial past 7-digits unless it's long distance.

If I use software (GUI or Jabber) to make CFD to a 10-digit number, it works fine.

There's something making the phone not see the new 10-digit patterns.

Ok. I've done more testing. The CFA is working if I manually configure it or set it up from Jabber. If I do it from the phone (an old 7970), it doesn't work.  The phone's CSS should allow it, so I'm stumped again.

Can you check for replication, as setting it from phones is using UFF (user facing feature)

check below for details.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model#CUCM_5x_Replication_Architecture

HTh

JB

RTM shows the two servers have a replication status of 2 (which, according to the documentation is good).

The cluster value says 4, but the documentation is less clear on that. How I read the documentation is the value for the servers are what matters as members of the cluster. Is that correct?

do "utils dbreplication status" on PUB and if you only have 2 servers and at the same location wait for about 10 min, and then do "utils dbreplication runtimestate" and paste the output to the discussion.

JB