cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10-digit Call Forward not working

postscript
Level 1
Level 1

Our area recently added an overlapping area code which now requires 10-digits to dial within the area. I added the appropriate route patterns in the GUI and outbound dial works as intended. CALL FORWARD ALL on the other hand, still will not forward to 10-digit numbers, but will forward 7-digits and 11-digits just fine (for those that have those privileges).

From reading through the documentation, outbound dial, even if it's call forward all, should work with the same patterns. Is there something I'm missing?  We're still running 8.6 (specifically 8.6.2).  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

21 Replies 21

Attaching putty log of commands and trace output. Thanks for looking at this.

postscript
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. To summarize where we're at:

1. If I place a call from any phone, 10-digit dialing works fine.
  2. If I CFA, the phone will not let me dial past 7-digits.
  3. If I use software (CUCM User GUI or Jabber) to do CFA to a 10-digit number, it works fine.

So, what is specific to CFA on the phones to make it so we can't dial past 7-digits (they can dial 11-digits if they have privileges, but it's always 7 or 11, never 10). What setting am I missing?

EDIT: Also verified that transferring a call has the same restrictions as CFA.

2. If I CFA, the phone will not let me dial past 7-digits.

Do you press the CFA key on the phone and then dial the number you want to forward to setup call forwarding?

3. If I use software (CUCM User GUI or Jabber) to do CFA to a 10-digit number, it works fine.

How do you do it through Jabber, can you mention he steps. Also do you have anything configured under Call Routing > Dial Rule > Application Dial Rule.

JB

Do you press the CFA key on the phone and then dial the number you want to forward to setup call forwarding?

Yes.

How do you do it through Jabber, can you mention he steps. Also do you have anything configured under Call Routing > Dial Rule > Application Dial Rule.

Jabber has a pull down menu at the bottom of the left side. I just select "Forward calls to" and select "New number" and key in the 10-digit number (plus a 9, of course). And, no, there is nothing in that section.

I did find something interesting in ROUTE FILTERS. Attaching what I found. Could this somehow be the problem? And if so, why wouldn't it impact regular outbound dial or the ability to forward to 10-digits from other sources?

EDIT: More information after further testing. Anytime you dial off-hook (whether it be direct dial, transfer, or CFA), it will not accept 10-digits. So, this seems to be specific to an off-hook dial action. Hopefully that helps.

EDIT Again: I found a reference to an off-hook dialing issue with 10-digits here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11369556/hook-dialing-fails-certain-route-pattern-works-when-onhook-cucm ... I noticed that all of the patterns are flagged urgent, so I'm not sure why removing the flag from the 7-digit pattern would fix the issue. Any comments?

FINAL EDIT: The urgent priority flag appears to indeed be the issue based on what I'm reading about how it functions. I'll make the change after hours to confirm, but everything points to that as the issue. Thanks for all of your help.

This is Good investigative work and the explanation makes it easier to understand.

The link you have pasted for urgent priority issue is not similar to our situation.

In that  case both patterns were matching till first 7 digits and  urgent priority was kicking in as soon as user dials 7th digit , resulting in matching 7 digits urgent priority pattern.

In our case the patterns are not explicit match - 95551212 and 9317 555 1212 therefore i am not too sure why urgent priority would come in here.

However if you have another pattern like 9.[2-9] XXXXX with urgent priority then it is possible then it might be matching as 9 317 555 1 would be  a match.

You can try the change however if still doesn't work attach the CCM trace.thanks

That's exactly it. Our 7-digit pattern is 9.[2-9]XXXXXX ... once I read the link and realized what my patterns were doing, I could see how it would take priority. I feel pretty confident that turning off urgency on our 7-digit pattern will fix the problem.

I'll be able to verify it all in a few hours.

Thanks again.

Oh yes, i see it now.I probably overlooked the DNA.

9.[2-9]XXXXXX.

Thanks then removal of urgent priority  should resolve it then or may be you can make it more specfic pattern.thanks