cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 out of 32 Unity VM Ports Not Registering

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Just recently I noticed that 2 out of our 32 Unity VM ports are registered in Call Manager.  The status is "Unknown".  I've tried resetting them in Call Manager and in Unity.  I also tried deleting one and adding it back in. The ports have been fine for 5 years now.  This just started out of nowhere.  Any ideas/suggestions?

Unity 4.0(4)

Call Manager 4.1(3)es94

6 Replies 6

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Can you confirm that your licensing supports the 32 voicemail ports?  I know usually you cannot add the ports without the licensing but.....

Also can you confirm that the 2 ports have the same configuration as the others?  Have you tried resetting the ports?

Have you checked the ensure you have the same port configuration in unity as call manager?

HTH, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

The system is licensed for 32 ports.  The system has been up and running with no problems like this for 5+ years.  No configuration changes have been made, so yet, the ports are all configured the same. The ports are 17 and 8.

I already had in my original post that I reset the ports in Call Manager and Unity.

I also listed the Call Manager and Unity versions in my original post.

Restart Unity, that usually fixes that kind of issues

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Server Uptime is 1,285 days, 19 hours (over 3.5 years).  Do you think it's due? 

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working in an a CUCM and CUC 7x enviroment, so I'm not sure how much of this applies.   What is the status of the port when you look at in Real Time Monitoring Tool?   Also I can log onto Cisco Unity Connecetion Serviceablilty and look at Tools -> Cluster Management to see just how many ports are registered there. 

These two places may give you some additional clues as to what's going on.

Mike,

I agree with Java.  Short of some sort of TSP issue that is creeping up, I'd say restarting Unity is your best first bet to see if it resolves the issue.  If that doesn't work, you may want to take a look at the application logs to see if there are any TSP errors or anything that seems out of the ordinary or "new" in terms of events since you noticed the ports going offline.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: