cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 doesn't show Calling Party Number during ring-in

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I noticed a 3905 with latest load doesn’t show the Calling Party Number on an incoming call.  Only the Calling Party Name displays.  Is this a bug?

I called from my cell phone and the display only showed "Wireless Caller" which matches the debug ccsip messages from the carrier, but never showed my actual number.

CallManager 9.1.1.21018-1

SIP 3905 9-2-2-0

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jason,

Is there a calling number in the sip traces from the ITSP? remote-party id or PAI ?

Has this worked before? Did it stop working when you did an upgrade to the firmware?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Other model phones (SIP 6961, SIP CIPC) are showing the name and number inbound.  The 3905 phones are a new addition for the customer.

Jason,

Because of the display size, the 3905 only shows either the calling number or calling name.  If calling name and calling number are sent, it will just show the calling name.  If only calling number is sent, it will show that.

You can press the Details softkey on an incoming call to see the calling number for an incoming call.

Thanks,

Brian

The 3905 doesn't have any Softkeys to be able to press Details. I'm trying to find where this is documented, so I can send the customer the URL.

See page 10.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/3905/8_6/english/user_guide/conversion/IP05_BK_331A1EC6_00_3905-user-guide.html

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

SR626112137

After testing this in my lab it turns out that this is a default behavior on the 3905 cisco IP phones, the display is a single line so we can only show one item, calling name or calling number. If you do not send the calling name, the calling number is shown. However if both the calling name and calling number is sent to the phone, the phone defaults to show only the calling name.

So I do apologies but from TAC side there is really nothing we can do about this, and if you still need this default behavior to be changed, I suggest that you contact your account manager so he can submit a service enhancement request for our business unit, so they can look into it to see if its applicable and can be applied .