cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party sip device on CUCM does not transfer to Voice Mail - How to correct with Normalization Script?

aharentimken
Level 1
Level 1
  • Avaya B179 is registered as a 3rd party SIP device on CUCM version 12.3.1.
  • Calls can be made to and received from B179.
  • If B179 calls another device on CUCM and device is not answered, B179 is not transferred to voicemail.
  • If same B179 (registered on CUCM) calls a device on Avaya PBX (connected via trunk as we migrate to CUCM) and device is not answered, B179 is transferred to voicemail successfully.

• When CUCM transfers call to voicemail, it sends an UPDATE message and changes the Remote-Party-ID to the DN of the voicemail (1111 on CUCM).
    • Request-Line: UPDATE sip:2015@10.112.32.120:5060;ob SIP/2.0
    • Remote-Party-ID: <sip:1111@10.51.101.21>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=off

• When Avaya PBX transfers call to voice mail, it sends an INVITE message and changes the Remote-Party-ID to the DN of the voicemail (4000 on Avaya). 
  • Request-Line: INVITE sip:2015@10.112.32.120:5060;ob SIP/2.0
  • Remote-Party-ID: "John Doe" <sip:4000@10.51.101.21>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off

Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this work?  I'm looking at normalization scripts on CUCM but do not know if is possible to change the METHOD type or how to do that if it is possible.  Thanks for any suggestions/help you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aharentimken
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to resolve this today.  I used the following normalization script to remove the "UPDATE" option as being allowed on the Avaya B179.  Ithen applied the normalization script to the SiP profile applied to the B179.

M = {}

function M.inbound_REGISTER(msg)
msg:removeHeaderValue("Allow", "UPDATE")
end

function M.inbound_INVITE(msg)
end

return M

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aharentimken
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to resolve this today.  I used the following normalization script to remove the "UPDATE" option as being allowed on the Avaya B179.  Ithen applied the normalization script to the SiP profile applied to the B179.

M = {}

function M.inbound_REGISTER(msg)
end

function M.inbound_INVITE(msg)
end

return M

Hi there,

sorry but I’ve not understood where did you place the normalization script, could you kindly explain me?

Anyway, since I’ve never used this model of phone with a UCM, could you confirm me that is working fine?

Thanks a lot for your reply

Paolo