Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 display name change

kgilkes92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to change the display name of a 7821 phone from cucm? I did various methods such as changing the Display (Internal Caller ID) & ASCII Display (Internal Caller ID) and
also changing Description, Alerting Name, and ASCII Alerting Name. Btw it's the display name on the phone that is the issue while the phone is not being used.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

Try "Line Text Label" on the DN.

That did not work either. After looking at cuc it appears the user has not synced with cucm although an infrastucture and user sync were previous run for cucm and cuc via pcp 

What exactly are you trying to change? Because from your post, and from what I can understand for it, as BradEast1 already mentioned the Line Text Label should do the trick.
So, are you talking about the name that is being displayed near the line button of the phone, or...? And how Unity Connection and user syncing has to do with it? I'm confused.

Because the line text label was appropriately changed in cucm and the change is reflected in pcp so it should work but isn't. The the voicemail box associated with the user which syncs from cucm still says the name of the previous user even after syncing which leads me to believe the changes being made to cucm are not updating although it says it is. Currently in the fields discussed there are no names of the previous user still applied. However, cuc which replicates from cucm still has the old user's name for the mailbox.

Oh, I understand now. You must understand that no matter you change on the device, it has nothing to do with what Unity sees in it's voice mail boxes. The voice mail boxes are based on Users not Devices.

Means that if for example you have extension 2000, that was associated to user named Paul, and Paul is now left the company and you want to give extension 2000 to a new employee named Bob, you need to delete entirely Paul's voice mail, and use the Import Users in order to import Bob now from CUCM with extension 2000. Of course you have to remove the extension from primary extension field in the End Users for Paul, and assign this 2000 extension to Bob also in the primary extension, only then you can go and try to import Bob.

Thanks so much

aakozlov85
Level 1
Level 1
May be you need to change Line Text Label?

You need to change the Line Text Label, Display Name and Alerting Name of the line anyway, with or without the Unity Voice Mail and both of those changes aren't related to each other.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: