cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 Remote Phone Control not working with Variphy Insight v10.0.16 Build 13108

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have Variphy Insight  v10.0.16 Build 13108 installed in our environment to use for many of its features. One of the main features we are trying to use is the Remote Phone Control.

We have the following IP Phone Models on our CUCM Cluster

Of these models, we can successfully control all models EXCEPT the 7841s. The 7841 are our current model for deployment and the number of implemented is increasing daily as fast rate. Not being able to control them greatly reduces our ability to troubleshoot issue with them when we are not onsite.

I have been working with Variphy on this to ensure that our system is configure properly as well as validated that all required aspects for a phone to be controlled are in place. Needless to say, we still cannot control them.

They suggested upgrading to the newest IOS and no change. I tried downgrading to a much older IOS and no change. At this point, I am at a loss and am hoping someone may know of a fix for it.

I have attached a screenshot of the error that we receive when trying to connect/control a 7841 phone. Again, we can control all of the other models without issues

1 Reply 1

bmckayvar
Level 1
Level 1

After working with Jim at length, we discovered that all other models were using the non-secure authentication url, which allowed our phone control software to authenticate to the publisher and the control the phone, but the 7841's were using the secure authentication URL which would not relay our authentication requests. This is likely due to a certificate-related issue on the CUCM side. This was unexpected behavior, since all of the phones should have been pulling the secure authentication URL from CUCM. Workaround was to remove the secure auth URL and reset the 7841's so that they were using the non-secure URL. However, permanent resolution to the issue would require opening a case with Cisco TAC to address the certificate issue. 

Brian Mckay

System Engineer, Variphy Support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: