Views
Helpful
Replies

7905 sip to SCCP

3dtgnt_ljm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

our company has a 7905 that cannot be used, I cannot find out it in CUCM, I feel it must be a sip phone, I used **2 to restore it to factory,but when it restart, it keep "SIP" states yet! I want use sccp for it. who can help me , thank you so much! and it get ip address same as other phones from a DHCP server.

20110516042.jpg

2.JPG

6 Replies 6

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the call manager version you are using ???

What is your auto registeration protocol ??

System-->Enterprise parameter-->Auto registeration protocol

Auto Registration Phone Protocol

Is it SIp ??

If you make changes to this parameter , you have to restart the Call manager service and TFTP service.

So when you are trying to manually add 7905 phone , what happens ??Are you not able to find 7905 phone in list of phone model ???

Are you able to see the default firmware version for 7905 which cucm will load under Device --->Device Settings---->Device Defaults

HTH

Please rate useful posts

Regards

sumit

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your reply. my Cucm version is 5.1.3,  the auto register portocol is SCCP, yes ,I cannot find out the phone in phone list, firmware version is : standard 7905 SCCP, I feel the phone only get power from POE switch, and get a ip from our DHCP server. we have 100 7905 on company , only it cannot be used.

Hi ,

you mean , you  have 100 7905 in your company and 99 out of them registers fine and only 1 7905 phone is having the problem ?? or all the 100 model of 7905 phones having the problem ??

Regards,

sumit

99% is ok, only the one has problem. I tried to restore factory setting, but no effect...

Hi,

Please check this bug CSCsc80336

Have you  tried adding the phone manually as sccp phone ???

as in go to device ->phone--->Add a new phone like that ???

entering mac address and other reqd info .

please rate if you find this info useful.

Regards,

sumit

yes, I tired to add sccp 7905 use its mac address, but cannot be registered, I think even the CUCM server down, the phone also keep its own state.