Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G Wireless Phone shows not in service

mohdashraq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have wireless phone 7925G with CME 8.6, the wireless phone is connected through wifi and I can reach it from the CME but the phone is not registering and shows the message "not in service", the Status message of the phone shows tftp timeout.

the TFTP configuration is:

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/APPSH-1.4.2.SBN alias APPSH-1.4.2.SBN

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/GUIH-1.4.2.SBN alias GUIH-1.4.2.SBN

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/SYSH-1.4.2.SBN alias SYSH-1.4.2.SBN

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/TNUXH-1.4.2.SBN alias TNUXH-1.4.2.SBN

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/WLANH-1.4.2.SBN alias WLANH-1.4.2.SBN

tftp-server flash:CP7925G-1.4.2/CP7925G-1.4.2.LOADS alias CP7925G-1.4.2.LOADS

and in the load is configured in the telephony service as follow:

telephony-service

load 7925 CP7925G-1.4.2.LOADS

debugging the TFTP doesn't show any result though there is no security applied to deny the TFTP traffic.

Regards,

Mohammad

5 Replies 5

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,
Check the DHCP option 150 in wireless lan. This option provides TFTP server ip to phones , the reason why you are not seeing any messages in debug tftp is because phone are not contacting the correct cme ip to get their configuration/load file.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Manish,

thanks for your answer, but I have configured the correct DHCP with the option 150 pointing to the CCME but it stuck in openning IP OF THE CME then the message not in service.appear.

Regards,

Can you disable dhcp from phone and add tftp server ip manually and then check "debug tftp event"

Did you able to reach tftp server ip from ip phone ?

I did that also, but I didn't get any debug on the switch neither.

Please also check gateway and subnet mask of the phone , if that doest not help then reset one of the wireless phone to factory default (Press 123456789*0# ).

All the wifi phone having this problem or some of them ? please let me know its firmware version.

If you cant see any traffic from ip phone on switch , then its more like issue with the wireless network.

Rate all the helpful post.