Helpful
Replies

7940 vs 7942

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Here is something weird:

I have created in Unity Express a small IVR.

When pressing 1 the call goes to a hunt-pilot / line group configuration.

The line group is configured as broadcast.

In this line group are 7940 and 7942 phones.

The 7940 phone's display correctly the calling party number, but the 7942 phone's display the number from the hunt-pilot.

Has any one seen this?

And is there a way to chnage that?

thanks,

Jan

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jan,

I was following a similar post (with CUCM) where Erik

discovered the cause of this "new" behavior. This may be what you are seeing;

We have opened a TAC case for this and for now they told us that this is a change in behavior in phone firmware versions 9.0 and later. It seems works as designed .

Cisco has submitted a feature request to have a new service parameter to have us decide on what the phone should display.

If you do need the old behavior, according to TAC, you should revert to phone loads < 9.0 (8.4 for example). Ofcourse this is a workaround, but not the one we liked.

That's the way it is.

Let's hope Cisco doesn't make any other undocumented changes in behavior in the future without a way to select the desired behavior. (Wishfull thinking ??).

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

I don't like that Yikes!

Why would someone be instrested to see the DN's from route-points and/or CTI ports?

Anyway I shall do some tests in my lab,and see if the downgrade can solve this (temporary) and hope that I won't introduce some 8.X bugs.

I agree with Erik: Let's hope Cisco doesn't make any  other undocumented changes in behavior in the future without a way to  select the desired behavior

"The Lord works in mysterious ways" but Cisco is also a good one,

Thanks

Jan