Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 upgrading error for CME

hussainallawati
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have configured the background config for my CME CISCO2911/K9, on my IP comunicator it works and i can see the backgounds appears, but its not showing anything on the phones which are connected to the network, so i did factory reset for 1 phone to check later on what will happen, i ended up with another issue which is the phone keeps restarting and showing upgrading!!

anyway can help me on this pls

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Can you enable the debug:

Deb tftp events

Is the phone looking for any firmware/xml file?

Make sure you have a valid firmware uploaded to the flash and also the tftp binds accordingly.

--

Jorge Armijo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the reply, well i have enabeld tftp events debug but nothing pop on, the phone keeps restarting

Can you pls advice? plus if you can send me the requird files/config

Appreciate your support

Thanks!

I have diabled the auto ephone registration as well, but the same issue, the phone shows "upgrading " and it keeps restarting

Any1 can help?

Hello,

Are you using a brand new phone or was this phone configured and in use earlier?

If the phone was in use earlier, please clear the CTL and ITL files under security config -> Trust list and assign TFTP server address manually.

Please try and let me know the status.

Hi Piyush,

No it was in use earlier, hmm how i can do the steps mentioned as i cant access to the phone cuz it keeps restarting?!

I'm having the same problem.  Does anyone know how to interrupt the reboot process or how to otherwise clear these files without having access to the settings menu?

Hi.

Have you tried to perform a factory reset as described in this doc?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7942g/6_0/english/administration/guide/7962trb.html#wp1031705

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

This worked! Thanks Carlo