cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942g speed dial setup

dittocisco
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the Abbrdial (abbreviated dial) setup ok, but maybe I'm missing something over the years because it rarely comes up.

On a phone like the 7942 that only has 2 soft buttons, I don't see any easy way to setup speed dials that are a "list".  Meaning, I can setup abbrdials and the user just has to remember that hitting "1" then "AbbrDial" will call that person they assigned to "1".  But it isn't as simple as the PAB, but getting to the PAB is a button chore in itself.

We have other systems that allow speed dialing so much easier than this CUCM system (or so it would seem).

So...is there some simpler way on a 7942 to get to speed dials or the PAB on their phone from the main screen that only involves a click or 2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AbbrDial does not show up a list on any phone, it assumes you already know the position of each entry.

If you want it to show on the phone screen, then you need PAB, you would need to define a service button on their 2nd physical button for PAB, that assuming you have it free.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AbbrDial does not show up a list on any phone, it assumes you already know the position of each entry.

If you want it to show on the phone screen, then you need PAB, you would need to define a service button on their 2nd physical button for PAB, that assuming you have it free.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Service button as Jaime suggested (+5) or you can allow the users to add their own speed dials by giving them access to the CCMUser web page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: