Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945 error message "load rejected HC CME 9.1

Hi,

I have tried to load firmware files cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-2-1.tar to new 7945 ip phone in CME 9.1, when ip phone initiate the process of loading firmware a messge is displayed load rejected HC, the process go on without loading the files and finally the ip phone register on CME.

I found some reference about this error but just focus to CM server.

"The application that was downloaded is not compatible with the phone's hardware.,

Occurs if you were attempting to install a version of software on this phone that did not support hardware changes on this newer phone.

Check the load ID assigned to the phone (from Cisco Unified Communications Manager, choose Device > Phone). Re-enter the load displayed on the phone. See the "Firmware Versions Screen" section to verify the phone setting. "

How can I load the firmware files ver 9-2-1 in CME,  I set ip phone to factory  default but after this the phone does not respond remains in loop  :-( ???

the version that was loaded from factory is  SCCP45.9-3-1 SRS1-1S

regards

14 Replies 14

I could registered ip phone in CM server after loading  files cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-3-1SR2-1.zip and cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-3-1SR2-1.cop.sgn. For CME I can´t find  that version????

For CME ip phone is unuseful... how can I recover it ???

regards

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Have you noted the important information section in the following link? Here, your IP
Phones factory default version is greater than your to be version for them.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi ashok,

Wherse is the link?

Regards

Sorry. Here it is...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme91spc.html

With best regards...
Ashok
-----------
Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

In fact I had already checked that document  but I could not clear this issue for CME.

regards

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Then it should be a software bug or hardware issue with the phone.

Ashok.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

With best regards...
Ashok

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Did you solve this issue ? I am suffering from the same problem ?

thanks

Anas

Hi Anas,

If your ip phone 7945 firmware version that was loaded from factory is  SCCP45.9-3-1 SRS1-1S and you want to downgrade

firmware you will receive the error "load rejected HC" so don't try to downgrade.

if you have a CME version older, you had better upgrade to newest in order you IP phone 7945 support at least the version

SCCP45.9-3-1 SRS1-1S.

regards

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Filiberto,

What you're seeing is normal for that phone, the newer phones have a higher hardware revision as well the default firmware, so you won't be able to downgrade the firmware, only upgrade is possible on those phones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_3_1SR1/release_notes/P790_BK_R4E1E768_00_rn-9_3_1_sr1-7900-series_chapter_00.pdf

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

really it was a tough day.

I upgrade the phones to firmware version 9.3(1) SR2. I face a lot issues with upgrading the firmware for 7945 and 7965 phones.

the other issue is phone registration. it was another nightmare, the phones are added and configured. but CME register some of them and reject the others.

I enable the auto registration under telephony service, register them first, then I configure them one by one

HTH

Anas

please rate all helpful posts

Hi,

when you say that "..but CME register some of them and reject the others.." you mean for 7945-65 ip phones?

if you have old 7945-65 ip phones  surely you need and intermediate firmware versions before load 9.3(1) SR2 in those old  ip phones.

Hi ,

My setup is new. It includes new phones 7945 and 7965. I have another phone 6901, this didn't register. I don't know why.

regards

Anas

Hi,

which  version of CME are you running?

which error is shown in the ip phone  setting  ----> status  (option)

regards

CME version 9.1

first of all the phones are rejected. "phone rejected: not configured". some times it gives "load rejected HC"

after registration, it gives an error on updating locale.

regards

Anas