i have one question?

after upgrade to sip firmware my phone 7960 ,I receive the following message

unprovisioned 

9 Replies 9

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi @saeedeslahian

Unprovisioned mean that the phone don't have its SEP config file. 

Do you use CME? If yes, do you execute create profile command under voice register global menu?

If you are using CUCM do you configure line extension to the physical phone config?

Do you check your tftp debug in order to see if your phone try to download by tftp its SEP config file following the good directory?

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

this my config file, please check

Where did this config come from?
It has so many stuff that makes it all wrong.

Ok @saeedeslahian

Do you check your tftp debug? 

The mac address configured on Call Manager is good?

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

A valid SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml configuration file for a 9951/9971 can be found HERE.  With a little modification one can get it into a 7965 and should work.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

Did you add extension to that phone ?

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is this a Cisco call controller or a 3rd party?

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Seedeslahian,

Help me understanding if you are trying to configure 7965 IP phone or 7960 IP Phone.

"As per detail description you have mentioned " i have one question?after upgrade to sip firmware my phone 7960 ,I receive the following message"

If that is the case then you are using the wrong load id to register the phone as per the config file "SIP45.9-4-2SR3-1S".

Load id SIP45.9-4-2SR3-1S commonly shared by 7945 and 7965 series.7960 and 7940 shares different load. If you are trying to register this phone as 7960 and its a manual registration you will end up with an issue that you are facing .

if this is a typo error from your end then please follow the action plan as suggested below.

Config file does not look right as it is supposed to be for a SIP phone.
As per config file there is one CCM group with priority "0" with node ip 192.168.1.1 where it is supposed to register.

If this is correct then try to restart the TFTP service once and reset phone. As mentioned  by you recently changed the protocol type on the phone to SIP.

once you perform this activity kindly share the configuration file one more time if that doesnt fix the issue or you can also try to point it to a different CCM group.

Regards,
Prassha3

Kindly rate my contributions if you find this helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: