Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 phone show one or two lines depending on the server it is registered to

Sh6988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am running cucm vs 12.0 with multiple servers in the cluster...

We are running into an issue with one of our sites using the 7965 phones, each phone has 2 lines configured on it. When the phones are registered to one server, the phones display both lines but the moment i update the CM group to have them register to another server, the phones only show 1 line. I have factory reset the phones multiple times but it did not resolve the issue...I am lost as to the source of the problem.

Any input or recommendation would be much appreciated

BTW, all the servers have the same service running on them

Thanks,

Stella

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Assuming the two CUCM servers are in the same cluster? Have you checked db replication status? See steps below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. Looking into that now. updates to follow

Yes, both nodes are on the same cluster. Db replication is good, i have a 2 for the status

Also, other phone models when registered to this server would display both lines but for some reason, the 7965 phone doesn't and this happens only when it is registered to the server. If i change it to register to another node, both line appearances are displayed

Any additional insight would be appreciated

Thanks,

Stella

Did you do utils dbreplication status and then utils dbreplication runtimestate? If not, do utils dbreplication runtimestate again and look at the date. If it is not recent, run utils dbreplication status which will actively check the status of all tables. Then run utils dbreplication runtimestate again to see if the replication still shows good.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Good Morning! Thanks for responding, It is so good to hear from you. I was in your advance class last month...:)

So when I run the utils dbreplication runtimestate command, it only gives me the date the command was ran. see below

"Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2019-07-01-07-35"

I also ran dbreplication status and then utils dbreplication runtimestate and the status still shows good.

Thanks,

Stella

Well hideeho Stella! You were in the class with the group based in Winchester and I absolutely remember you. It's always fun to run into one of my students here! 

If you've verified replication with utils dbreplication status/runtimestate and it's showing good (which makes me very surprised) then I'm not at all sure what is going on.

So this is all of the 7965's at one site, but only the 7965's at that site? And you have 7965's at other sites that are behaving normally? Interesting.

Here is what I would try next, in order:

1. Restart the TFTP service on all servers running that service. Does the problem persist?
  2. Call TAC. The following two ideas may work around the problem, but does not solve the underlying cause. So calling TAC means if there is a known bug (I looked and didn't see one but not all are published) they can fix it, and if not a new bug may be issued.
  3. Create a new custom 7965 phone button template and apply it to these phones. Does the problem persist?
  4. Upgrade the firmware version on CUCM for the 7965 phones at this site. (Just this site, though) Does the problem persist?

Keep me/us posted.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: