cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7971 Background Image - Configure Default for Phones

john.derose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All. Forgive the question -- I did not find anything on this prior to posting...

I have background images configured on CME9 and that is working fine -- users can select alternate images from their phones.

What I am not understanding is how to configure an alternate background image as the default. I am sure it must have something to do with a cnf/xml file but I am at a loss. If you have any pointers I would appreciate it.

Thanks, JD

3 Replies 3

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this can be done.  Unfortunately I currently don't have access to our callmanager to confirm the steps.

See the link below about troubleshooting/ setting the default image. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12455336/8841-call-manager-background-image-field

Second step would be to restrict access to user preferences on the phone.

Disable phone personalization using the bat tool.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_C271A69D_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-91.pdf

Once I have access to our callmanager, I can provide step by step instructions.

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This topic, as well as how to bulk change, has been discussed plenty of times at CSC, there is no way to do that for 79XX. Nor you can change the default image, as it's embedded in the phone firmware. Background for those models has nothing to do with any file, it's just the phone accessing the TFTP and downloading it. You would need to change it, and remove access to setting to avoid users changing it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey John, 

sorry about the info I provided, I was thinking about ccm 9 (not cme) and not the 7900 phones.  Our site does not have any 7900 phones.

A work around I used in the past to change the back ground image on 7900 phones without having to visit each phone was using phone designer.  I had to add myself as the user for each phone, launch phone designer, then change the image on each phone.  I Haven't done this on cme.

This saved a lot of time since the 1000 phones were spread across multiple sites.

I know this isn't setting the default image or a bulk change, but throwing this out there just in case it might help.