Views
Helpful
Replies

8800 Series Wallpaper

JDT69RR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I recently uploaded via the TFTP server to my Flash Card images for the 8800 series phones. I’m using the CLI. I confirmed these images to be in the Desktops folder however after doing a reboot the phones are not showing the image. I keep getting a message “Unable to obtain additional wallpapers from server”

All Desk Phones are 8841’s except one 8861 with 2 expansion modules.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the images in the right folder for those phone models? With the right specs? You do not need to reboot the phones for any of this.

No idea what you mean by uploading images to a flash card via TFTP, images need to be be in the TFTP server phones are pointing to.

What documentation are you following? 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello

Yes the images are in the Desktops/800x480x24

i followed this video on YouTube but changed it based on the specs an 8800 series required. 

https://youtu.be/v7e8E5AfmNQ

Hello, 

You may have a look on the following 2 posts that describe the process of uploading images when on CME platform:

Cisco Unified CME - Customize Wallpapers on Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series - Cisco Community

CallManager Express & UC500 Series: Changing Background Images on a Cisco IP Phone (firewall.cx)

HTH

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thank You! I was successful for the phones. Now I just need to do the expansion module. 

You may have a look on the following post, JaVa (as usual) describes it pretty well:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-to-configure-cisco-ip-phone-8800-key-expansion-module-kem/td-p/2668796

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Expansion modules are already configured and online. My issue now is the background for those. I have uploaded the images following all the steps above but don’t see them on the phone. So my expansion modules have white backgrounds currently. Any suggestions?

I am not sure if this is operational on CME, it is defilnitely available on the latest version of CUCM with phone firmware 12.1. Have you tried to use the latest version/firmware on your CME implementation?

George