Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 Wireless phone

Neil Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have a CUCM/CUC 11.5.x (latest release) with a few different types of phones, 8861,88417821 and 8821 wireless phones.

Our wireless network is not Cisco. The phones are connected to a hidden SSID with WPA2-PSK.

The issue I am experiencing is....If CUCM is bounced, or the AP's are bounced some of the 8821's do not automatically register. They show in CUCM as "register - NONE (see screenshot attached. We have to power cycle the handsets to bring them back online.

The deployment is a school campus with 1000+ users, so the AP's are bounced 2 or 3 times per week.

We have 25 of these handsets, so walking across campus to restart them is a PIA.

I'm hoping there might be a setting of configuration I've missed that will force them to re-register.

Thanks in advance.

N

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware are the 8821 running on?

Hi Leo,

Thanks for responding. I should have added that info to the originals post, sorry about that.

They are running sip8821.11-0-3SR3-2; I've just download and updates on handset to sip8821.11-0-3SR6-15 as a test.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: