cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 cucm 12.5 activation codes

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I am trying to use the onboarding , If I try and use activation codes I get an error "Please check internet connection". If I use auto registration the phone works fine. I am running cucm 12.5 and the phone does ask for activation code. Has anyone seen this behavior before?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the phone loaded with 3PCC firmware?

thandoan@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please check your DHCP setup if option 150 is there. IP phone should obtain that TFTP IP so it can find the CUCM otherwise you will see it asks for activation code

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like you can use activation codes with CUCM 12.5:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_01011100.html

However phones can also ship with the MPP firmware for cloud services like Cisco WebEx Calling. If these are a new batch of phone that you have just purchased it might be worth checking.

Otherwise maybe review the above link and see if your CUCM is configured to use activation codes.

Hope that helps.

Edit just found this:

cucm vs mpp.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: