cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 phone registered with SIP server - incoming calls work, outgoing gets fast busy signal

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured an 8845 via TFTP and XML to register with my FusionPBX SIP server. I can receive incoming calls but when I press any digit on the pad in an attempt to make a call, I immediately get a fast busy signal. I suspect it has something to do with not having provided a dailplan.... Which I'm having trouble figuring out.

I have successfully used to update the firmware to sip8845_65.12-6-1-0001-668 and used TFTP to make the registration info available via TFTP. If anyone has any input on this, I would be all ears.

Thanks

UPDATE: I just found that if I dial on-hook and start the call, the call goes through. It is just dialing into a dial-tone that causes this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I recently ran into the same problem and as you said, it was the lack of the dialplan.xml file 

I used the following and it worked, by the way mine was a CP-8831

<DIALTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="91.........." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="911" Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="\*.." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="[1-8].." Timeout="1"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

Hope this works for you

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I recently ran into the same problem and as you said, it was the lack of the dialplan.xml file 

I used the following and it worked, by the way mine was a CP-8831

<DIALTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="91.........." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="911" Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="\*.." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="[1-8].." Timeout="1"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

Hope this works for you

Dynamite, exactly what I needed. I can now tweak it to match our ideal dialplan, thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: