cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8845 phone registered with SIP server - incoming calls work, outgoing gets fast busy signal

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured an 8845 via TFTP and XML to register with my FusionPBX SIP server. I can receive incoming calls but when I press any digit on the pad in an attempt to make a call, I immediately get a fast busy signal. I suspect it has something to do with not having provided a dailplan.... Which I'm having trouble figuring out.

I have successfully used to update the firmware to sip8845_65.12-6-1-0001-668 and used TFTP to make the registration info available via TFTP. If anyone has any input on this, I would be all ears.

Thanks

UPDATE: I just found that if I dial on-hook and start the call, the call goes through. It is just dialing into a dial-tone that causes this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I recently ran into the same problem and as you said, it was the lack of the dialplan.xml file 

I used the following and it worked, by the way mine was a CP-8831

<DIALTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="91.........." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="911" Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="\*.." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="[1-8].." Timeout="1"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

Hope this works for you

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I recently ran into the same problem and as you said, it was the lack of the dialplan.xml file 

I used the following and it worked, by the way mine was a CP-8831

<DIALTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="91.........." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="911" Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="\*.." Timeout="0"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="[1-8].." Timeout="1"/>
<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/>
</DIALTEMPLATE>

Hope this works for you

Dynamite, exactly what I needed. I can now tweak it to match our ideal dialplan, thank you