Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 background image for only one phone

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have modified list.xml with new images and uploaded it with main image and thumbnail image. Phone is taking new image and its working fine.

But i want images to appear only on one phone, where as when i upload list.xml to directory Desktup/800*480*24...images are getting appeared in all 8851 phones.

Can you please suggest, how to get new uploaded images only on one phone.

Regards,

Faizan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any 8851 that points to that TFTP will see the images, no way around that, unless you create a dedicated TFTP for only that device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

Create new Device profile 

Device > Device Sittings > 

go down to find background image and type the filename.png. then go to the phone profile and save and apply config. 

Cheers

//Moe

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any 8851 that points to that TFTP will see the images, no way around that, unless you create a dedicated TFTP for only that device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

Oh sorry maybe did not get what you need in the beginning. If you want the image not appeared there is no way you can do that. You have one option dont check for user allowance to change background image that way users cannot see it. and set another profile and set the image you need and dont allow user to change it. otherwise, as Jamie said you there is no way around it. 

regards,

//Moe 

The image won't appear unless you are configuring its name in Common Phone
Profile or each individual phone. Take of the name of the image from Common
Phone Profile and set it for specific phone only