Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 software upgrading error

c0a4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I recently bought a Cisco 8861 IP phone and I'm currently trying to upgrade the firmware. The phone is currently on sip88xx.12-1-1ES-12, and I'm trying to upgrade it to sip88xx.14-2-1-0201-40. I have all the files including the XMLdefault.cnf.xml file, but when I connect the phone to the TFTP server it takes the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file, then says TFTP error : AppDialRules.xml then it restarts the whole process. 

Please help!

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

The most important info about which PBX you use, you did leave out ...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@c0a4 wrote:

but when I connect the phone to the TFTP server it takes the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file

8861 does not use nor require the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file.

if you bought cisco phone like this part number: CP-7821-K9  >>  you must only register with CUCM..
which when you define mac address in CUCM, it will automatically receive anything it wants..

also, i suggest update "DevicePool" of CUCM, or only add & update 8861 firmware on CUCM firmware pool,
then let phone connect to CUCM and get updates from it..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

@Mohammadreza Hadi wrote:
you must only register with CUCM.

I have been able to integrate 7945/7965, 7970/7975, 9951/9971 to Asterisk.  

78xx/88xx configuration template for non-Cisco call managers are now out.

As b.winter mentioned, please provide information about your call control system. If you are looking at the XMLDefault file, I would guess CME. If that is the case, please also post the relevant portions of your config file. That would be voice service voip, voice register global, along with the voice register pool and voice register DN for the phone you're trying to register. Also from the config, post any tftp commands you are using.

Depending on what we see we may ask for additional debug output as well.

Maren