cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 (88XX) operating on FRITZbox

Hugo19
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IP-Phones seem to be not realy designed to work on Fritzbox. Nevertheless there can be found several procedures in the net to make e.g. the former model 7975 operate on Fritzbox. For the 8865 or 88XX in general nothing could be found. Actually I have some doubts that specially the configuration file as described for 7975 can be used in similar way for the 8865.

Is there any experience with operating a 8865 on Fritzbox 6490? I would appreciate any support.

8 Replies 8

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there'

I am not sure about the configurations and I haven't done this either. But Cisco's 8800 phones to support 3rd Party Call Control needs a totally separate SKU (CP-8865-3PCC-K9=) which has got the 3PCC firmware installed on it. 

Could you share the the version of your current running firmware on the phone.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Firmware is sip8845_65.11-0-1SR1-2, last upgrade 07/14/16

Exactly, the sip8845_65.11-0-1SR1-2 is Enterprise firmware version which is meant to configure with Cisco CUCM. I assume you need the multi-platform firmware installed phone for registering. Unfortunately you cant convert a Enterprise firmware to 3PCC firmware.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Thanks!

In between I learned that for the 8865 there seem to be no MPP Firmware, only for the 88X1 without Video! However, this thread was more than one year old.

Do you have Information if the 8865 is availlaible with MPP in between?

Hi there

Here you go..

The latest is cmterm-8845_65.11-1-2MPP-351_REL.zip

IP Phone 8865 with Multiplatform Firmware - Release 11.1.2 

You can download from the below link with you CCO ID

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286319940/type/286320168/release/11.1.2

Release Notes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-8865-multiplatform-firmware/model.html

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Great! I will check with my dealer concerning availlability. However, I will leave this thread open as I expect still some "specialities" concerning operation with Fritzbox.

So, if anybody executed this task already it would be great to share this experience.

Regards

Hugo

If the phone is operating with the Enterprise firmware installed, there is no way to forcefully push an MPP/3PCC firmware through. This was done deliberately.
The only way is to configure the phone to work with non-Cisco call controllers.
I have posted a working configuration for a 9951/9971 that has/will work on non-Cisco call controllers in the forum. The question is searching for it.

Hello Leo,

hasn't found your post yet … searching functionality seems to be very poor from my point of view; maybe I'm wrong.

In between I'm  waiting for the reply of my dealer on the availlability of MPP/3PCC-Version.

Greetings!