Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Shutter

Not applicable

Hi,

I have an 8865 that doesn't recognize that the shutter is open. Has someone an idea how the phone checks if the shutter is closed or open?

20 Replies 20

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

Are you sure its simply not a video problem ?

Have you tried self view ?

Its a softkey - you might need to press 'more' to make the button visible.

There is a setting in Call Manager called ..

Video Capabilities - make sure this is enabled

However - I have tested this, if its disabled, the camera still works but the phone gives a warning to say video calling is disabled.

I have noticed that shutter is a little 'flimsey' sometime it takes a couple of goes to open and close.

Perhaps its a hardware issue.

Sure let us know how you get on

Not applicable

Hi,

everything is correctly configured. If I press Self-View, then the message "Self-View is not available while shutter is closed" comes up. I can open an close the lid as often as I want, the phone doesn't recognize it. There must be something inside the camera, probably something magnetic or a photo sensor. I'm pretty sure it is a hardware defect but I hoped that I could bypass this detection somehow. 

Some things you can try... Go onto call manager and see the registered IP Address.

Browse to the phone - Goto Device Logs

Here you can see Console Logs | Core Dumps | Status Messages | Debug Display

you can check for error messages here.

Probably no harm to upgrade to the latest firmware -

cmterm-8845_65-sip.11-7-1-17.k3.cop.sgn

You install this software and then restart the TFTP service.

Then reset the phone and it should upgrade

Software here..

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286286015&softwareid=282074288&release=10.3(2)

James

sfrank
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured it out. There is a small micro switch on the left upper side behind the shutter. The microswitch, like a ESE24MH1T from panasonic, has a tiny nose that was brocken in my case. I#ve bridged it and now the phone always thinks the shutter is open which is fine for me.

Hi, I've read you finally figured it out. I have the same problem, but I don't find the micro switch that you mention. It'll be necessary I unscrew the phone? My problem is when a videocalls between 8865 cisco phone sometimes no video, only audio, however the shutter is wide open  the user has to slight move it in order to have video.

Regards from Mexico

Hi, 

the micro switch is located on left side of the camera lens, when you look at the camera. You'll Need to disassemble the camera. Stick something small between the silver and the black part of the camera and then push them apart. Then you will be able to pull out the camera board. Be careful, there is not much cable inside.

This has been resolved. It was the software not the hardware. Thanks!

Any more pictures of this ?

Hi,

the switch is soldered to the back side of the camera. It is a small silver part. I've removed it and soldered a bare wire between the two former switch connection points. 

Screenshot 2021-03-30 082257.png

Hi,

yes, swapping the camera is possible. You have to open the phone. Pull out the USB/Keypad cover on the right. Remove the magentic bezel from display. Losen the screws on the back and on the front(special screws) and then you can separate top and bottom of the case. A knife will help you unhook the hidden hooks. There you will find the flex cable from the camera. The connector is locked, so you have to unlock it gently.

However you should inform the IT department maybe there is a service contract on the phone and after this operation Cisco will not service the phone anymore.