cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8941 problem

pedroferreras
Beginner
Beginner

Hi, i'm running callmanager version 8.6.2a (su2), 8941 phone was running fine but suddenly ist shows the following behavior:

When a user is on a call and another call comes in , the first call goes on speaker without user intervention (the user didn't answer the second call).

The firmware version is: SCCP894X.9-2-3-5.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend Hall of Fame Community Legend
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi Pedro,

It sounds like this bug

CSCty67705 - 8945 calling party goes onto speaker w/2nd call

Symptom:

8945 when receiving second call, first callers voice goes to speaker but no speaker button lit

Conditions:

When  'Ring setting (phone active)' configuration on the line config is set  to 'Use System Default' and Service parameter  'Ring Setting of Busy  Station'  is configured for "RING"

Phone A (any phone) calls Phone B  (8945) Line 1 -> Phone B answers with handset -> Phone C (any  phone) calls Phone B Line 1 -> with no user interaction original  caller (phone A) heard Phone B speaker.  No speaker button lit.

Workaround:

change Service parameter  'Ring Setting of Busy Station'  is configured for "Flash" or "Beep"

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

9.2(3)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Oct 29,2012

Fixed in:                          (1)

9.3(1)

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!    

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend Hall of Fame Community Legend
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi Pedro,

It sounds like this bug

CSCty67705 - 8945 calling party goes onto speaker w/2nd call

Symptom:

8945 when receiving second call, first callers voice goes to speaker but no speaker button lit

Conditions:

When  'Ring setting (phone active)' configuration on the line config is set  to 'Use System Default' and Service parameter  'Ring Setting of Busy  Station'  is configured for "RING"

Phone A (any phone) calls Phone B  (8945) Line 1 -> Phone B answers with handset -> Phone C (any  phone) calls Phone B Line 1 -> with no user interaction original  caller (phone A) heard Phone B speaker.  No speaker button lit.

Workaround:

change Service parameter  'Ring Setting of Busy Station'  is configured for "Flash" or "Beep"

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

9.2(3)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Oct 29,2012

Fixed in:                          (1)

9.3(1)

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!    

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

I upgraded to 9-3-2-11 and phones are working fine.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers